In this walkthrough, we will cover:
- GNARBOX 2.0 SSD Product Overview
- Charging Your GNARBOX
- Powering On Your GNARBOX
- Getting Started with the App Ecosystem
- Connecting to your GNARBOX WiFi
- Technical Support
GNARBOX 2.0 SSD Product Overview
(2) OLED Screen
(3) Micro HDMI
(4) SD Port
(5) On-Board Buttons
(6) USB-C Host Port
(7) Carrying Lanyard
(8) USB-C Dual Role Port
(9) Battery Latch
Charging Your GNARBOX
GNARBOX 2.0 SSD ships with a battery charge of approximately 30%. When you first get your GNARBOX you’ll want to fully charge the battery. The battery is a replaceable 24 watt-hour battery.
1hr = 0-80% battery life
2hr = 0-100% battery life
You can get 3-6 hours of usage from a single fully charged battery on GNARBOX 2.0 SSD depending on your activities.
- To charge, insert a battery into the GNARBOX. Ensure the battery is inserted feet first until the battery clicks in.
- Then, insert the USB-C to C cable into the USB-C port located on the right side of the GNARBOX near the screen, known as the Dual Role port. The GNARBOX will only charge using the USB-C Dual Role port.
- Connect the other end of the USB-C to C cable to the 35W Power Adapter.
- When the GNARBOX 2.0 SSD is charging, the LED will illuminate red while power is connected.
A battery must be connected to the GNARBOX in order for the GNARBOX to charge. Always use GNARBOX power accessories to charge your GNARBOX.
Powering On Your GNARBOX
- Press and hold the Right button for 1-second to power your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD on.
- It can take about 30 seconds to fully boot up.
- The GNARBOX screen will show a battery indicator and WiFi icon when fully powered on.
To power your GNARBOX off, simply hold the Right button for 3-seconds. Then, confirm to power off.
Getting Started with GNARBOX Apps
Our mobile apps – Safekeep and Selects – are available for both iOS and Android devices and can be downloaded for free in the App Store or Google Play Store.
iOS 10 or later
Android 5.0 or later
For optimal performance, we recommend keeping your iOS and Android devices up-to-date with the latest operating system available. Older versions of iOS and Android may experience suboptimal performance with the GNARBOX apps.
Note: App and firmware updates may be required for your GNARBOX. If you need help, please contact us at email@example.com or live chat with us on gnarbox.com.
Connecting to your GNARBOX
Once your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD is powered up and you’ve downloaded the Safekeep and Selects apps, it’s time to get connected to your box.
- Open up the WiFi settings on your Android or iOS device.
- Connect to the GNARBOX 2.0 SSD network and enter the password. The default GNARBOX WiFi password is: gnarbox!
- A checkmark will appear when WiFi connection is successful.
If your WiFi connection indicates that there is No Internet Connection, this is completely normal. GNARBOX uses wifi to create a signal that won't connect you to the Internet, but simply pairs your phone to your GNARBOX. GNARBOX uses WiFi instead of Bluetooth, which allows for faster data streams, a longer range, and the ability to connect multiple devices at once.
My GNARBOX 2.0 SSD will not connect in the GNARBOX app.
GNARBOX 2.0 SSD will only connect using the GNARBOX Safekeep or Selects apps. The GNARBOX Classic app will not connect with GNARBOX 2.0 SSD.
My GNARBOX 2.0 SSD will not charge.
First, you'll want to ensure you are using the USB-C port to the right of the screen to charge your GNARBOX. This is the only port that will charge the unit. If you GNARBOX still does not charge, remove the power adapter from the outlet for 30 seconds. Then, plug the outlet back into the wall and the GNARBOX should begin charging. If you continue to experience issues with charging, please reach out to our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need assistance? We’re here for you! Browse our walkthroughs for full tutorials and troubleshooting tips. If you’d like one-on-one assistance, you can always email us at email@example.com or use our live chat in the bottom right!
Live Chat Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM–5PM PST
Sat–Sun: 9AM–4PM PST