In this walkthrough, we will cover:
- GNARBOX 2.0 SSD Product Overview
- Charging Your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD
- Powering On Your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD
- Getting Started with the GNARBOX App
- Connecting to your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD
- Technical Support
GNARBOX 2.0 SSD Product Overview
(2) OLED Screen
(3) Micro HDMI
(4) SD Port
(5) On-Board Buttons
(6) USB-C Host Port
(7) Carrying Lanyard
(8) USB-C Dual Role Port
(9) Battery Latch
Charging Your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD
GNARBOX 2.0 SSD ships with a battery charge of approximately 30%. When you first get your GNARBOX you’ll want to fully charge the battery. The battery is a replaceable 24 watt-hour battery.
1hr = 0-80% battery life
2hr = 0-100% battery life
You can get 3-6 hours of usage from a single fully charged battery on GNARBOX 2.0 SSD depending on your activities.
- To charge, insert a battery into the GNARBOX. Ensure the battery is inserted feet first until the battery clicks in.
- Then, insert the USB-C to C cable into the USB-C port located on the right side of the GNARBOX near the screen, known as the Dual Role port. The GNARBOX will only charge using the USB-C Dual Role port.
- Connect the other end of the USB-C to C cable to the 35W Power Adapter.
- When the GNARBOX 2.0 SSD is charging, the LED will illuminate red while power is connected.
A battery must be connected to the GNARBOX in order for the GNARBOX to charge. Always use GNARBOX power accessories to charge your GNARBOX.
Powering On Your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD
- Press and hold the Right button for 3-seconds to power your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD on.
- It can take about 30 seconds to fully boot up.
- The GNARBOX screen will show a battery indicator and WiFi icon when fully powered on.
To power your GNARBOX off, simply hold the Right button for 3-seconds. Then, confirm to power off.
Getting Started with the GNARBOX App
Our mobile app – GNARBOX – is available for both iOS and Android devices and can be downloaded for free in the App Store or Google Play Store.
iOS 10 or later
Android 5.0 or later
For optimal performance, we recommend keeping your iOS and Android devices up-to-date with the latest operating system available. Older versions of iOS and Android may experience suboptimal performance with the GNARBOX App.
Note: App and firmware updates may be required for your GNARBOX. For instructions on how to update, please check out our walkthrough here. If you need help, please contact us at email@example.com or live chat with us on gnarbox.com.
Connecting to your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD
Once your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD is powered up and you’ve downloaded the GNARBOX App, it’s time to get connected to your box.
- Open up the WiFi settings on your Android or iOS device.
- Connect to the GNARBOX 2.0 SSD network and enter the password. The default GNARBOX WiFi password is: gnarbox!
- A checkmark will appear when WiFi connection is successful.
If your WiFi connection indicates that there is No Internet Connection, this is completely normal. GNARBOX uses wifi to create a signal that won't connect you to the Internet, but simply pairs your phone to your GNARBOX. GNARBOX uses WiFi instead of Bluetooth, which allows for faster data streams, a longer range, and the ability to connect multiple devices at once.
My GNARBOX 2.0 SSD will not boot up.
Please ensure your GNARBOX App is up-to-date (v. 188.8.131.526). If it is not up-to-date, please download the latest version from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Power your GNARBOX on and wait 5 minutes.
Even though your GNARBOX screen shows it is not fully booted, the WiFi should be available to connect to on your mobile device. Connect to the GNARBOX WiFi using your iOS or Android device. (default password = gnarbox!)
Launch the GNARBOX App. The app will show it's disconnected, this is normal. Navigate to the Settings page.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap "Software Stack Reset"
Tap "Reset Software Stack" and wait about 1-2mins.
After 1-2mins, the app should connect and the GNARBOX should fully boot up.
My GNARBOX 2.0 SSD will not connect in the GNARBOX app.
GNARBOX 2.0 SSD will only connect using the GNARBOX App. The GNARBOX Classic app will not connect with GNARBOX 2.0 SSD.
My GNARBOX 2.0 SSD will not charge.
First, you'll want to ensure you are using the USB-C port to the right of the screen to charge your GNARBOX. This is the only port that will charge the unit. In addition, you'll want to ensure you are charging using the GNARBOX wall adapter and USB-C to C cable. If you are charging the GNARBOX via a portable battery, please read up on our portable battery specifications to ensure your battery supplies enough power.
If your GNARBOX still does not charge, remove the power adapter from the outlet for 30 seconds. Then, plug the power adapter back into the out and the GNARBOX should begin charging.
If your GNARBOX still does not charge, please remove the power adapter from the outlet and the GNARBOX for 24hrs before trying again.
If you continue to experience issues with charging, please reach out to our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I forgot my password or I need to reset my password.
If you forgot your password or you'd like to reset your password to factory settings, you'll need to do the following:
- Using the on-board screen and buttons, press down to enter the Settings menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Mobile Connection.
- Choose Reset WiFi Pass.
- The GNARBOX will ask for confirmation. Choose Yes to continue.
- The default WiFi password will show on the screen until you press any button.
Is it safe to bring my GNARBOX battery on an airplane?
Your GNARBOX batteries are lithium-ion and must be packed in carry-on baggage. For more information, please check out the TSA website or search for lithium-ion airplane regulations for your local airport.
Need assistance? We’re here for you! Browse our walkthroughs for full tutorials and troubleshooting tips. If you’d like one-on-one assistance, you can always email us at email@example.com or use our live chat in the bottom right!
Live Chat Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM–5PM PST