Selects is an app designed for photographers, to streamline the process of reviewing and narrowing your content down. The Selects app uses Photo Mechanic’s powerful image review technology to give you the fastest review experience possible.
This walkthrough is designed to provide an introduction to using the Selects App.
We will cover:
- System Requirements
- Selects App Overview
- Browsing Your Files
- Sorting Your Files
- Deleting a Files
- Launching a Workspace
- Exiting a Workspace
The Selects App can be downloaded for free from the App Store and the Google Play Store.
iOS 10 or later
Android 5.0 or later
GNARBOX 2.0 SSD
For optimal performance, we recommend keeping your iOS and Android devices up-to-date with the latest operating system available. Older versions of iOS and Android may experience suboptimal performance with the GNARBOX apps.
NOTE: App and firmware updates may be required. If you need help, please contact us at email@example.com or live chat with us on gnarbox.com.
Selects App Overview
Selects provides super-fast RAW image preview and easy-to-use tools to mark your favorites, manage metadata, and save time preparing your shots for editing. The overall functionality of Selects is pretty simple. Let’s take a look:
- Browser -- this is the main home screen for the Selects app. All of your connected devices will appear on this screen and you can navigate through your data.
- Settings -- this screen allows you to toggle various features on/off, maintain connection information, and perform firmware updates.
Browsing Your Files
To view the contents of your GNARBOX internal SSD, a memory card, or a connected USB device simply tap on the device in the Browser.
Similarly, you can navigate inside nested folders by tapping into these folders or stepping out to the previous screen by hitting the Back button in the top left.
Sorting Your Files
When viewing data on a device, you’ll see the option to Sort by Name. This gives you sorting options for the files on the device. You can sort files by Name, Size, File Extension or Date Created.
For example, if you are a photographer who shoots both JPG and RAW files you can utilize this tool to group by file type so that JPG and RAW files are grouped separately from one another.
To exit out of the Sort by menu, tap outside the white menu area.
Deleting a File
To delete a file from the list view before opening a workspace:
- Tap the Quick-Action Icon next to the image you wish to delete.
- Choose Delete Files from the menu.
- You will be prompted with a confirmation message. Tap Delete to permanently remove the file.
Launching a Workspace
To preview images, add star ratings, or edit/add metadata you will need to launch a Workspace. Launching a Workspace is required because this enables pre-loading of information for quick review.
- Tap the Select button and choose the files you wish to move into the workspace.
- Once your files are selected, tap the Open Workspace button.
- Your workspace will begin to generate.
- Once loaded, your workspace will launch with a thumbnail grid of your files.
To import additional images you will need to create a new Workspace.
Exiting a Workspace
To exit a workspace, tap the Exit button at the top left of the workspace screen
Need assistance? We’re here for you! Browse our walkthroughs for full tutorials and troubleshooting tips. If you’d like one-on-one assistance, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our live chat in the bottom right!
Live Chat Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM–5PM PST