In this tutorial, we will cover:
- GNARBOX 1.0 Product Overview
- Charging Your GNARBOX
- LED Guide
- Powering On Your GNARBOX
- Getting Started with the App
- Connecting to your GNARBOX
GNARBOX 1.0 Product Overview
Charging Your GNARBOX
GNARBOX 1.0 ships with a battery charge of approximately 30%. When you first get your GNARBOX you’ll want to fully charge the battery. The battery is a 13Wh rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
1amp Wall Charger = 3hrs 25mins
2.1amp Wall Charger = 2hrs
USB3.0 Computer Port* = 4hrs 30mins
* Tested using a mid-2015 Apple MacBook Pro
You can get 2-4.5 hours of use from a fully charged battery on the GNARBOX 1.0 depending on your activities.
- To charge, insert the USBmicroB cable into the port located on the right side of the box.
- Connect the other end of the charging cable to a USB-A charging block.
- When the GNARBOX 1.0 is charging, the LED will turn blue until fully charged. Once fully charged the LED will go out.
Tip: We recommend using the USB-A charging block that comes with your mobile device or tablet to charge your GNARBOX 1.0.
A voltage converter is not needed when traveling with your GNARBOX as long as you are using a power source that is also capable of charging a mobile device.
GNARBOX 1.0 features 2 LEDs below the power button that signal various activities and tasks as they occur. Here is a chart demonstrating the meaning behind the main colors and power activities:
Powering On Your GNARBOX
- Press and hold the power button for 3-seconds to power your GNARBOX on.
- It can take about 30 seconds to fully boot up.
- LED 1 will display solid green once fully booted.
To power your GNARBOX down, simply hold the power button for 3 seconds.
The GNARBOX uses a lithium-ion battery, which needs to be charged regularly in order to maintain a charge. If your GNARBOX was just purchased or has not been used in quite some time and you’re having issues powering it on, we recommend trying the following reset options to bring the battery back to life:
#1 -- 48 Hour Charge
Charge your GNARBOX for a full 48 hours without attempting to power it on.
#2 -- Battery Reset
A battery reset will disconnect and then reconnect the battery.
- Power your GNARBOX on. If your GNARBOX will not power on, proceed to Step Two.
- Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. All LEDs will turn off.
- Keep holding the power button for another 30-45 seconds.
- A turquoise LED will come on, then shut off.
- Reset is complete and you can power on as normal.
If you continue to experience issues with your battery after attempting these resets, please reach out to our support team at email@example.com for further assistance.
Getting Started with the App
The GNARBOX Classic app is available for free in the App Store and Google Play Store.
iOS 10 or later
Android 5.0 or later
For optimal performance, we recommend keeping your iOS and Android devices up-to-date with the latest operating system available. Older versions of iOS and Android may experience suboptimal performance with the GNARBOX apps.
NOTE: App and firmware updates for your GNARBOX may be required. If you need help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or live chat with us on gnarbox.com.
Connecting to your GNARBOX
Once your GNARBOX is powered up and you’ve downloaded the GNARBOX apps, it’s time to get connected to your box.
- Open up the WiFi settings on your Android or iOS device.
- Connect to the MyGNARBOX network and enter the password.
- A checkmark will appear when WiFi connection is successful.
- Open the GNARBOX app to finalize connection.
If your WiFi connection indicates that there is No Internet Connection, this is completely normal. The GNARBOX 2.0 SSD uses wifi to create a signal that won't connect you to the Internet, but simply pairs your phone to your GNARBOX. GNARBOX uses WiFi instead of Bluetooth, which allows for faster data streams, a longer range and the ability to connect multiple devices at once.
Technical Support and Troubleshooting
Need assistance? We’re here for you! Browse our walkthroughs for full tutorials and troubleshooting tips. If you’d like one-on-one assistance, you can always email us at email@example.com or use our live chat in the bottom right!
Live Chat Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM–5PM PST
Sat–Sun: 9AM–4PM PST