A One-Touch Backup is the fastest and most streamlined way to perform a backup on the GNARBOX 2.0 SSD. To begin a One-Touch Backup, follow these steps:
- Insert your memory card.
- Backup options are immediately prompted when a memory card is connected. Press the Right button to select Back up Now.
- When a backup is taking place, the screen will indicate that a backup is in progress.
- Once the transfer is complete, you’ll be prompted with a series of options to move forward with.
For more information on connecting card readers, check out our walkthrough on using card readers with GNARBOX 2.0 SSD.
How to Cancel an Active Task
To cancel an active task via the on-board screen and buttons:
- Hold the left button for ~2 seconds.
- A cancellation prompt will appear. Toggle down and select Yes to cancel the task.
A confirmation screen will display once the task has been canceled.
File Compatibility Information
The GNARBOX is capable of backing up and transferring any file type.
For a list of compatible file types for preview and editing, view our File Compatibility List.
Can I use my phone while a transfer is taking place?
While transferring files from your memory card to GNARBOX or external hard drive, you can do pretty much anything! You can navigate out of the app, close the screen of your phone, or even disconnect from the GNARBOX. Since the transfer is taking place between the GNARBOX and the memory card, your phone isn't necessary except to track the progress of the transfer. The only time you are not able to navigate away from the app or close the screen of your phone is if you are transferring files from your GNARBOX to your phone.
Need assistance? We’re here for you! Browse our walkthroughs for full tutorials and troubleshooting tips. If you’d like one-on-one assistance, you can always email us at email@example.com or use our live chat in the bottom right!
Live Chat Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM–5PM PST