In this walkthrough, we will cover:
- Getting Started with Dropbox: Home Mode
- How to Connect Your GNARBOX to Dropbox
- How to Upload Files From GNARBOX to Dropbox
- FAQ and Troubleshooting
Getting Started with Dropbox: Using Home Mode
In order to connect and upload to your Dropbox account, you'll need to switch your GNARBOX connection from Field Mode into Home Mode. Field Mode allows you to connect a mobile device or tablet to your GNARBOX directly for general workflow needs. Home Mode allows your GNARBOX to connect to a home internet router to download software updates and upload files to Dropbox.
GNARBOX also supports ethernet connectivity via USB-C, if you’d like the most direct connection for the fastest upload and download speeds.
To switch your GNARBOX from Field Mode to Home Mode:
- Connect to your GNARBOX wifi and launch the Safekeep App.
- Navigate to the Settings page.
- Tap Connection Manager.
- Tap Home to see your Home Mode controls.
- Next, tap Choose a Network.
- Pick your home WiFi network from the list.
- Enter your home WiFi password and press Done when ready. Your home WiFi network may take a moment to connect.
- Once the WiFi connection is complete, the app will ask you to switch your mobile device’s connection to that home WiFi network.
- Open up your network settings on your iOS or Android device to connect it to your home WiFi network.
- Then, switch back to the Safekeep App.
- Tap Pair GNARBOX.
- Select your GNARBOX from the list to connect.
- Once connected, Internet Features, including Cloud Upload, will be available toward the bottom of the screen.
How to Connect Your GNARBOX to Dropbox
- First, switch to Home Mode in the Connection Manager using the instructions above. Dropbox will only work while in Home Mode because an internet connection is required for uploads.
- Once you are connected in Home Mode, tap Cloud Upload.
- Now we can connect our Dropbox account to the GNARBOX. Tap Get Authorization Code.
- Sign in to your Dropbox account.
- Tap Continue to allow Safekeep to access your account.
- Once signed in, you’ll receive an authorization code that will give your GNARBOX access to your account. Copy the full authorization code and press X in the top right corner.
- Paste the authorization code into the input field and press Connect Dropbox Account.
- Once connection is successful, you’ll be able to view the available space in your Dropbox account and the history of any uploads in the Safekeep app.
How to Upload Files From GNARBOX to Dropbox
Once you have successfully connected your GNARBOX to your Dropbox account, you can begin uploading files in Home Mode.
- Locate and select the files you wish to upload and choose Copy.
- Select the Dropbox folder on the GNARBOX SSD for the location of your copy.
- Once your copy has completed, navigate to the Dropbox folder.
- Tap the Quick-Action icon ().
- Then, choose Upload to Cloud.
- Your files will begin transferring to your connected Dropbox account. To view the transfer process, tap the Task Manager icon. When your transfer is complete, an Upload Report will display with successes and failures of your upload.
To view past Upload Reports, go to Settings >> Connection Manager >> Cloud Upload. Tap the date of a past upload to view the Upload Report.
Need assistance? We’re here for you! Browse our walkthroughs for full tutorials and troubleshooting tips. If you’d like one-on-one assistance, you can always email us at email@example.com or use our live chat in the bottom right!
Live Chat Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM–5PM PST
Sat–Sun: 9AM–4PM PST