In this walkthrough, we will cover:
- How to Connect your Card Reader
- Recommended Card Readers
- GNARBOX 2.0 SSD transfer speeds
How to Connect Your Card Reader
Whether you use CF, CFast, XQD, or simply want to maximize transfer speeds over UHS-II, here are step-by-step instructions on how to connect your card reader to the GNARBOX:
- Insert your memory card into the card reader and plug your card reader into the USB-C Host port inside the port door on the left side of the GNARBOX.
- When a card is initially connected to the GNARBOX, the on-board screen will display a backup prompt. If you are connected to one of our mobile apps, your memory card will appear as a device on the Browser screen.
Recommended Card Readers
- GNARBOX XQD Reader with microSD/SD UHS-II (Type-C USB3.1)
- GNARBOX CF Reader with microSD/SD UHS-II (Type-C USB3.1)
- GNARBOX CFast 2.0 Reader with microSD/SD UHS-II (Type-C USB3.1)
GNARBOX 2.0 SSD Transfer Speeds
SD Card Transfer: Up to 75MB/s
USB-C Transfer: Up to 350MB/s
Transfer speeds may vary depending on conditions like the speed of your memory card or the cable connecting your card reader to the GNARBOX. Using a USB-A cable, dongle, or external hard drive will result in slower transfer speeds.
If you're interested in maximizing your USB-C transfer speeds, we recommend using one of our card readers.
Can I use my phone while a transfer is taking place?
While transferring files from your memory card to GNARBOX or external hard drive, you can do pretty much anything! You can navigate out of the app, close the screen of your phone, or even disconnect from the GNARBOX. Since the transfer is taking place between the GNARBOX and a memory card, your phone isn't necessary except to track the progress of the transfer. The only time you are not able to navigate away from the app or close the screen of your phone is if you are transferring files from your GNARBOX to your phone.
Can I transfer XQD / CF / CFast 2.0 / CFExpress memory cards?
Absolutely! Simply plug your card reader into the USB-C port on the GNARBOX and utilize the on-board screen or Safekeep app to transfer. You can also purchase XQD / CF / CFast 2.0 GNARBOX USB-C card readers on our website.
Need assistance? We’re here for you! Browse our walkthroughs for full tutorials and troubleshooting tips. If you’d like one-on-one assistance, you can always email us at email@example.com or use our live chat in the bottom right!
Live Chat Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM–5PM PST