**Please note as of 4/1/2020 we are experiencing an importing bug with Lightroom CC on the iPad Pro. The importing bug is expected to be resolved with the next Safekeep app update.**
In this walkthrough, we will cover:
- System Requirements
- Setting up your Lightroom connection in the iOS Files App
- How to Import into Lightroom CC
- How to Export from Lightroom CC to GNARBOX
In order to use this integration, you will need:
- iOS 11 or later
- Adobe Lightroom CC
Setting up Your Lightroom Connection in the iOS Files App
The iOS 11 Files App allows your iOS device wireless access to the files stored on your GNARBOX and any connected devices. You will also have direct access to any cloud integration services you may be using, such as Dropbox, iCloud or Google Drive.
- In the Files App, tap Edit.
- Toggle Safekeep to ON.
- Tap Done.
How to Import into Lightroom CC
Please note that you will need Lightroom Mobile 3.0 or higher in order to import files from your GNARBOX. This workflow will not work with previous versions of Lightroom Mobile.
- Connect to the GNARBOX wifi network and open up Lightroom CC. If you're using an iPad Pro 2018 with GNARBOX 2.0 SSD, you may also connect via USB-Ethernet Mode using a USB-C cable for a faster connection. GNARBOX 1.0 users will need to open up the GNARBOX Classic app to finalize connection to the GNARBOX.
- Select an existing album or create a new album by selecting the plus sign to the right of Albums. Lightroom requires you to create an album before importing photos from the GNARBOX.
- Select the import icon in the bottom right corner.
- Select From Files.
- Tap Safekeep in the Locations list to view the contents of your GNARBOX and any connected external storage devices.
- Tap Select.
- Choose the files you wish to import and tap Open to import files.
- Lightroom will process the files for import. The cloud icon provides import status of files.
- Once files become available for editing, tap on the photo thumbnail to make edits, then edit away!
Tip: We recommend culling and rating your files using the Safekeep and Selects apps prior to importing into Lightroom CC. This way, you can organize your favorite images into a folder for easy import into Lightroom CC.
How to Export from Lightroom CC to GNARBOX
- Tap the Quick Action icon in the top right.
- Choose Select.
- Tap the files you wish to export and press the Share icon on the bottom bar.
- Choose Save to Files.
- Select your desired image size. Rendering will take place.
- Once the Files view pops up, choose Safekeep and navigate to your desired folder. Tap Add when you're ready to save the files to the designated folder.
If you wish to create a folder for your edits we recommend creating the folder within the Safekeep app first.
If you have automatic sync enabled to your Creative Cloud account, your album/workspace in Lightroom Mobile will automatically sync to Lightroom Classic CC on your computer.
Need assistance? We’re here for you! Browse our walkthroughs for full tutorials and troubleshooting tips. If you’d like one-on-one assistance, you can always email us at email@example.com or use our live chat in the bottom right!
Live Chat Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM–5PM PST