**Please note as of 10/1/2019 we are experiencing an exporting bug with Affinity Photo. The bug is expected to be resolved with the next GNARBOX Safekeep update.**
In this walkthrough, we will cover:
- System Requirements
- Setting up your Affinity Photo connection in the iOS Files App
- How to Import into Affinity Photo
- How to Export from Affinity Photo to GNARBOX
In order to use this integration, you will need:
- iPad or iPad Pro
- iOS 11 or later
- Affinity Photo
Setting up Your Affinity Photo Connection in the iOS Files App
The iOS 11 Files App allows your iOS device wireless access to the files stored on your GNARBOX and any connected devices. You will also have direct access to any cloud integration services you may be using, such as Dropbox, iCloud or Google Drive.
- In the Files App, tap Edit.
- Toggle Safekeep to ON.
- Tap Done.
How to Import into Affinity Photo
- Connect to the GNARBOX wifi network, and open the Affinity Photo App. GNARBOX 1.0 users will need to open up the GNARBOX Classic app to finalize connection to the GNARBOX.
- Create a new project by selecting the Plus Sign.
- Select Import From Cloud.
- Tap Safekeep in the Locations list to view the contents of your box and any connected external storage devices.
- Locate and tap the image you wish to import. Affinity Photo allows a single photo to be imported at one time.
- After a short wait, the photo will be available for editing. Make your desired edits within the Affinity Photo app!
Tip: We recommend sorting and rating your files using the Safekeep and Selects app prior to importing into Affinity Photo. This way you can organize your favorite images into a folder for easy import into Affinity Photo.
How to Export from Affinity Photo to GNARBOX
- Select the Save icon in the top left.
- Choose Export from the drop-down.
- You’ll be prompted with a screen that gives you a nice selection of export options including file type, image size, and more. Select the options you want, then press Okay at the bottom of the screen.
- The Files App navigator will open up. Select Safekeep and find the folder you wish to save your file to.
- When you’re ready to save the file, tap Add in the top right. The Files App will save your image to that location.
If you wish to create a folder for your edits we recommend creating the folder within the Safekeep app first.
Need assistance? We’re here for you! Browse our walkthroughs for full tutorials and troubleshooting tips. If you’d like one-on-one assistance, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our live chat in the bottom right!
Live Chat Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM–5PM PST