GNARBOX 2.0 SSD allows for USB-C connection to select Android devices that allow mounting of exFAT devices. To connect your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD to your Android device:
- Using the screen and buttons on your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD, toggle down to access the Settings menu.
- Toggle to Settings.
- Toggle to Dual Role USB.
- Choose Mass Storage from the list.
- GNARBOX 2.0 SSD will reboot into Mass Storage Mode.
- Once the GNARBOX has rebooted, Mass Storage USB will display.
- Use the USB-C to C cable provided in the packaging to connect the GNARBOX to your Android device. Please ensure you connect to the GNARBOX via the USB-C cable to the right of the screen.
- When connected, swipe to your Notification Settings and tap for USB options. The location of this may vary depending on the model phone you are using. In the example above, we are using a Galaxy S9.
- Ensure that your USB options are set to Transfer Files.
You can now begin importing files into various apps!
Note: some Android models do not allow exFAT devices to be mounted. These devices include but are not limited to the Google Pixel. We recommend utilizing our "Save to Gallery" functionality instead.
Need assistance? We’re here for you! Browse our walkthroughs for full tutorials and troubleshooting tips. If you’d like one-on-one assistance, you can always email us at email@example.com or use our live chat in the bottom right!
Live Chat Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM–5PM PST
Sat–Sun: 9AM–4PM PST