Some mobile devices and tablets with USB-C ports that support USB-C Ethernet, such as the iPad Pro 2018, allow for a USB-Ethernet connectivity option with GNARBOX 2.0 SSD. This wired connection enables faster importing into 3rd-party app integrations such as Lightroom CC and LumaFusion.
To connect your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD to your USB-C mobile device or tablet:
- Using the on-board screen and buttons, toggle down to the Settings menu.
- Toggle to Settings.
- Toggle to Dual Role USB.
- Select USB-Ethernet from the list.
- Your GNARBOX will then reboot into USB-Ethernet mode.
- Once fully rebooted, your GNARBOX will display USB-Ethernet mode.
- Using the USB-C to USB-C cable provided in the GNARBOX packaging, connect your GNARBOX to your mobile device or tablet. Ensure you are using the USB-C Dual Role Port on the GNARBOX located next to the screen.
- Open up your Settings to ensure Ethernet appears for connection confirmation. In the example above, we've used an iPad Pro 2018.
Once you are connected via USB-Ethernet, open up the LumaFusion or Lightroom CC apps to experience faster speeds!
When you are finished with the connection, switch your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD back into Default USB mode using the on-board screen and buttons.
Note: This feature will not work with devices that do not support USB-C Ethernet functionality.
My GNARBOX is not connecting via USB-Ethernet to my device.
Please try the following:
Ensure you are connecting the GNARBOX to your computer using the USB-C port to the right of the GNARBOX screen.
Reboot GNARBOX into USB-Ethernet Mode first, then connect the GNARBOX to your device.
Reboot the GNARBOX and your device.
Need assistance? We’re here for you! Browse our walkthroughs for full tutorials and troubleshooting tips. If you’d like one-on-one assistance, you can always email us at email@example.com or use our live chat in the bottom right!
Live Chat Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM–5PM PST
Sat–Sun: 9AM–4PM PST