Multi-Destination Copy enables you to choose multiple, simultaneous copy destinations so you can create maximal redundancy and file security. A read-once write-twice mechanism, you can 2x your copy time when making multiple copies with GNARBOX 2.0 SSD. This copy functionality is similar to what you’d only be able to find in premium software programs such as Hedge or Shotput Pro.
To perform a multi-destination backup using the on-board backup system, follow these steps:
- Connect your external drive to the GNARBOX. You may need to back out of the Back up Now prompt by pressing the Left button.
- Insert an SD card into the GNARBOX or connect a card reader via one of the USB-C ports.
- Backup options are immediately prompted when the memory card is connected. You can also press the right button to initiate the backup prompt from the home screen.
- Toggle down to Advanced and press the Right button.
- Choose Multi and press the Right button.
- Your connected destinations will display. Using the on-board buttons, toggle down through your desired destinations using the Right button.
- Toggle down to Continue and press the Right button.
- Toggle to your desired Backup Preset (or use the default). "To /" provides the option to back up to the root directory of the destination. Press the Right button to continue.
- The screen will indicate that a backup is in progress.
- Once the transfer is complete, you’ll be prompted with a series of options to move forward with.
For information on how to perform a multi-destination backup using the GNARBOX App, please check out this walkthrough.
Utilize the GNARBOX App to create and manage Backup Presets for faster folder customization. Check out our walkthrough on how to create and edit Backup Presets.
If one or more of your transfers involve uploading to the Cloud (Frame.io or Dropbox), please ensure your GNARBOX is connected to the Internet. If a Cloud Upload Backup Preset is utilized while the GNARBOX is in Field Mode, the GNARBOX will continue to retry the upload until the GNARBOX is connected to a network in Home Mode. For instructions on connecting to the Internet, please check out our Frame.io and Dropbox walkthroughs.
How to Cancel an Active Task
To cancel an active task via the on-board screen and buttons:
- Hold the left button for ~2 seconds.
- A cancellation prompt will appear. Toggle down and select Yes to cancel the task.
A confirmation screen will display once the task has been canceled.
Need assistance? We’re here for you! Browse our walkthroughs for full tutorials and troubleshooting tips. If you’d like one-on-one assistance, you can always email us at email@example.com or use our live chat in the bottom right!
Live Chat Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM–5PM PST