Connecting GNARBOX 2.0 SSD via USB-C to an Android device allows you to easily transfer files from your Android Gallery to your GNARBOX.
In this walkthrough, we will cover:
- System Requirements
- How to Transfer Files From Gallery to GNARBOX 2.0 SSD
In order to use this integration, you will need:
- An Android device with USB-C connectivity
- An Android device that supports exFAT external devices
Please note, not all Android devices may allow for the GNARBOX 2.0 SSD to be mounted. For example, the Google Pixel phones do not allow for mounting exFAT external devices.
How to Transfer Files From Gallery to GNARBOX 2.0 SSD
Before attempting to transfer files from your Gallery, you'll want to ensure that your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD is connected to your Android device via USB-C. To set this up, visit our walkthrough on Getting Started with USB-C Connection for App Integrations.
Please note that these exact steps may vary based on the Android device you are using. This tutorial was made using a Samsung Galaxy S9.
- Once connected via USB-C, open your file manager app and choose Internal Storage.
- Open your DCIM folder.
- Locate the files that you wish to copy. Hold down on one of the files and selection options will appear.
- Select the files you wish to copy, then press Move.
- Back out to the list of storage devices and choose USB storage 1.
- Navigate to the location on your GNARBOX that you wish to save your files to. The press Move here.
- Your files will then transfer to the designated location on your GNARBOX.
Note that this process moves the images rather than copies them. The files will be removed from the original location once they are moved.
Need assistance? We’re here for you! Browse our walkthroughs for full tutorials and troubleshooting tips. If you’d like one-on-one assistance, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our live chat in the bottom right!
Live Chat Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM–5PM PST