The fastest and most reliable way to provide Internet to your GNARBOX 2.0 SSD is by connecting directly to your Internet Router. To do this, you will need:
- A USB-C to Ethernet Dongle
- An Ethernet cable
- Access to your Internet Router
We highly recommend the following USB-C to Ethernet dongles that have been fully vetted by our team for use with the GNARBOX:
- Dell USB-C to Ethernet Dongle
- AUKEY USB C to Ethernet Adapter
- uni USB C to Ethernet Adapter
- Cable Matters USB C to Ethernet Adapter
- Belkin USB-IF Certified USB Type C (USB-C) to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- JUEYINGBAIU USB C To Ethernet Adapter
To connect your GNARBOX to your Internet Router:
- Power on your GNARBOX and connect as you normally would.
- Using the USB-C to Ethernet Dongle, connect the USB-C end to the GNARBOX. If you need to charge your GNARBOX simultaneously, connect the USB-C to Ethernet Dongle to the USB-C port on the left side of the GNARBOX while charging via the right port.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from your router to the Ethernet side of the USB-C to Ethernet Dongle.
- Your GNARBOX will now be connected to the Internet. To confirm that your GNARBOX is connected to the Internet, launch the GNARBOX App and navigate to the Settings page.
- Tap Connection Manager.
- At the bottom of the Connection Manager, you should see "Ethernet ON" in blue once the GNARBOX is connected to the internet.
Internet features such as updates and cloud uploads are now available via Ethernet connection.
If your GNARBOX is connected to the Internet via Ethernet connection, your GNARBOX may remain in Field Mode while utilizing Internet features such as cloud uploads.
Need assistance? We’re here for you! Browse our walkthroughs for full tutorials and troubleshooting tips. If you’d like one-on-one assistance, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our live chat in the bottom right!
Live Chat Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM–5PM PST